How We Can Help You:
- We aim to provide the highest quality of medical services to our patients in an honest, caring and supportive environment
- We will treat you with courtesy and respect
- We will maintain appropriate medical records and respect both their confidentiality, and, your right of access to them
- Your Doctor will discuss your condition with you and explain the reasons for any investigation or referral. He/she will explain the purpose of any drugs prescribed for you and will advise you of any likely significant side effects
- We will review your repeat medication at least once a year
- Whenever possible we will give you at least 24 hours notice of any surgery or clinic cancellation, and
- We will endeavour to see you as close to your appointment time as possible. We will always try to keep you advised with an appropriate explanation if your appointment is significantly delayed
How You Can Help Us:
- Please remember to notify reception of any change of name, address or telephone number
- Please cancel any appointments with the Doctor or Nurse if you are unable to attend
- Try not to save up all your problems for one appointment; if you require a longer consultation than the standard 10 minutes please tell the doctor when speaking to him on the telephone.
- Examination and treatment facilities are better at the surgery. Please do not ask for a home visit unless absolutely necessary for medical reasons.
- Remember the Out of Hours Service is for urgent problems only. Please do not contact the service for a second opinion or for anything which can wait until the next working day
- Never share your medicines with anybody else, even if they seem to have the same prescription or symptoms. It could be extremely dangerous.
- Please let us know if you experience any difficulties with the Practice. We appreciate the opportunity to try to put things right.
- Car Parking
We have limited parking at the surgery but 2 public car parks within 2-3 minutes walk. Certain areas of the car park are clearly marked with double yellow lines and yellow hatch boxes as no parking zones to ensure access for, and quick departure of emergency vehicles at all times. Certain areas are restricted to doctors and staff parking only, please DO NOT OBSTRUCT these areas.
Priority should, therefore, be given to those patients with genuine mobility problems. If you are able to find a space in the car park during your visit to the surgery please remove your vehicle as soon as your appointment is concluded to make room for patients following you. Please do not leave your car whilst you visit the vets, nor, undertake a shopping trip to town!! Please be considerate and remember that "car park rage" will be treated under the section headed "Violent and/or Abusive Behaviour" above.
- Complaints Policy
We make every effort to give the best service possible to everyone who attends our practice. However, we are aware that things can go wrong resulting in a patient feeling that they have a genuine cause for complaint. If this is so, we would wish for the matter to be settled as quickly, and as amicably, as possible.
We take complaints very seriously and operate a comprehensive complaints procedure, which fully meets national criteria. To pursue a complaint please contact the practice manager in person, by telephone or, if you prefer, put your complaint/suggestion in writing to the address below. Our Practice Manager promises to deal with your concerns appropriately. Click on the icon below for further written information regarding the complaints procedure for the practice.
Every effort will be made to acknowledge your concern(s) as quickly as possible, usually no more than 2 working days. If, however, we are unable to satisfy your concern(s) and you wish to take the matter further, our Complaints Procedure leaflet will direct you to The NHS Complaints Advocacy.
Tasburgh Lodge Surgery
30 Victoria Avenue
Telephone: 01526 352466
- Disabled Access
There is good access for the disabled to all of our consultation rooms with a stair lift to the first floor where our Complementary Practitioners are located. An ambulance/taxi bay and designated disabled parking bay are situated adjacent to the surgery entrance and the surgery has a ramp and wide doors to allow for wheelchair access. Patient toilet facilities are available on the ground floor and are designed for ease of use by the disabled.
- Non-Smoking Premises
Smoking is not permitted throughout the Practice premises or in the car park.
- Violent and/or Abusive Behaviour (Zero Tolerance Policy)
We operate a Zero Tolerance Policy towards violent and/or abusive behaviour directed at clinicians, staff or other patients. If you are guilty of such behaviour you should expect to be reported to the police and removed immediately from the Practice List.